Allan Wallace - Hobbies - Watching TV, Films, Movies
• 1984 - a dystopian current, or a "Dummies Guide for modern Governance" depending on your perspective!
• 28 Days Later
• Amelie - (French)
• Apocalypse Now - Vietnam Era nuttiness - Francis Ford Coppola
• Barbarella - now that's a long time ago! - still a film that will stick in your mind forever...
• Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey,
• Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
• Bitch Slap - a comedy not to be taken seriously, but entertaining all the same.
• Blade Runner - a dystopian future - based on Do androids dream of electric sheep by Phillip K Dick?
• Braindead, (& Bad Taste) - two hillarious comedy horror films from the director of Lord of The Rings
• Children of Men - not at all what i expected, but a brilliant film, set in a dystopian near-future.
• Doomsday - an apocalyptic title, for a dystopian film. British made, and well worth a watch
• Equilibrium - another dystopian future, as a fave film in my list.
• Fahrenheit 451 - a dystopian future, similar in vein to 1984 in some ways.
• Fifth Element - Futuristic comedic nutiness at it's best.
• From Dusk Til Dawn - Vampires & Tarantino - Enough said.
• Full Metal Jacket - Vietnam Era, produced by Kubrick - once again at his best.
• Hot Fuzz - from the makers of Shaun of the dead, classic British Comedy Rural Police Flick
• Hot Shots
• Hot Shots Part Deux
• I Robot - more dystopia in my top film list...
• Mad Max - it goes without saying that this is dystopian, but at the same time a gripping film
• Mad Max 2
• Mad Max 3 - Beyond Thunderdome
• Planet Terror (Comedy Zombie goodness)
• Resident Evil - and it's sequels.
• Resident Evil - Apocalypse
• Resident Evil - Extinction
• Resident Evil - Degeneration
• Resident Evil - Afterlife
• Robocop - a dystopian technologically-centred future - Verhoeven.
• Sexy Killer - (Spanish) an idiosyncratic, eccentric production that takes some getting used to, but is hillarious as Zombie Films go
• Shaun of the dead - Really, enough said, classic British Comedy Zombie flick.
• Showgirls - Verhoeven again, - is this the only film with a song from "The Sisters of Mercy"?.
• Starship Troopers - a dystopian technologically-centred future - Verhoeven.
• Taxi - (French) - the americanised version ain't a patch on the original
• Taxi2 - (French)
• Taxi3 - (French) - (Fifth Element is linked, can't remember why)
• The Italian Job - the original Italian Job, with proper Minis.
• The Terminator - set in the present, but with an unavoidable apocalyptic future, a truely brilliant film for it's time.
• The Matrix - erm... another dystopian future. You've probably seen this already, but if you haven't it's got to be recommended
• The Men who stare at Goats - Genius! - throughly entertaining.
• The Parole Officer - Starring Steve Coogan, who is also in Tropic Thunder...
• Tropic Thunder - Thoroughly Entertaining, and Tom Cruise actually does some Acting for once!
• Twelve Monkeys - a brilliant, dystopic film, but weirdly although i appreciate it's genius, i only ever wanted to watch once.
• Underworld Evolution
• Underworld 3
• V for Vendetta - a dystopian near-future, and thoroughly thought provoking.